Dispositions and Fines
Click HERE for a List of Violations and The Fine/Cost That Can Be Paid Without a Court Appearance.
If you plead guilty or are found guilty, you may face the following punishments or fines.
1. Minor traffic violations – up to $225 total fine and cost
2. Housing, zoning or building code violations- up to $200 total fine and cost for the first violation in a year, $275 for the second violation in a year, $350 for the fourth and any subsequent violation in a year.
3. All other municipal code violations up to $500 fine plus cost.
4. In addition to these fines and costs, certain violations may result in jail time. Such violations include any violation involving alcohol or drugs, violation endangering the health or welfare of others, or giving false information to a police officer. You may face up to 90 days in jail.
5. You may be able to pay your fines by mail, online, or in person instead of appearing in court.
YOUR FAILURE TO APPEAR IN COURT AT THE TIME SPECIFIED ON YOUR CITATION, OR OTHERWISE RESPOND TO THE CITATION AS DIRECTED, MAY RESULT IN THE SUSPENSION OF YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE AND DRIVING PRIVILEGE AND MAY RESULT IN A WARRANT BEING ISSUED FOR YOUR ARREST. OTHER LEGAL PENALTIES PRESCRIBED BY LAW MAY BE IMPOSED FOR FAILURE TO APPEAR AND DISPOSE OF THE VIOLATION.
Some cases may not require a court appearance. Those not requiring an appearance may pay their fine(s) and costs by mail, in person at the address listed below, over the phone or on-line.
Accepted Forms of Payment:
DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS:
Debit or Credit Card Payments can be made over the Phone at (660) 886 - 3665, On-Line at courts.mo.gov or in Person at Municipal Court.
BY MAIL OR IN PERSON:
To dispose of your citation prior to the assigned court date, in person or by mail, you must:
1. Sign the Appearance, Plea of Guilty and Waiver on the back of your citation.
2. Obtain cash, money order, personal check or cashier’s check payable to City of Marshall and the designated amount listed on the fine schedule.
3. Mail or bring in payment no later than 12 P.M. on your scheduled court date.
Mailed payments must be received by the court on or before the court date. Do not mail cash!
Marshall Municipal Court
5 E. Eastwood
Marshall, MO 65340
In person payment hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Excluding Holidays).
*PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT PAYING YOUR FINE WILL RESULT IN A GUILTY PLEA AND POINTS MAY BE ASSESED TO YOUR DRIVER LICENSE*